Saturday 10 August 2013

Empties #1


I have decided to start collecting my empty beauty products, ready to review every couple of months on how I got on with the product and whether I would re-purchase them or not.

I personally enjoy reading these kinds of posts as I think it gives a good indicator of how somebody really feels about a product, particularly as you can start off by liking something and then go off it after a while, and vice versa.


Batiste Dry Shampoo  - Fresh, Cherry and Blush
Over the last 3 months or so, I have used up 3 cans of dry shampoo. I tend to use all three of them at different times of the week, hence them all running out at a similar time.
I enjoyed using the Fresh scent as it is quite subtle, but my only complaint about this particular one is that it seems to leave a residue in my hair that I did not notice with the other two scents. 
The Cherry scent has become my favourite of the three, as it has such a lovely fruity fragrance. It leaves my hair feeling fresh and clean, and most importantly does not leave white powder marks.
The Blush scent is a subtle floral fragrance and again does a great job for my hair.
Re-Purchase? Yes, but I will avoid the Fresh scent in future.

L'Oreal Elvive Nutri-Gloss Light Shine Shampoo
This product claims to illuminate and smooth hair for a mesmerising shine whilst also leaving hair free of impurities, leaving it looking healthy and weightless. I really enjoyed using this product, it has a lovely sweet smell and makes my hair feel really clean, soft and manageable. I have to say that I only notice the shine if I blow dry my hair, when I do leave it to dry naturally it never seems to have the same look, but I'm still happy with the end result. I also used the Conditioner in conjunction with this product and would recommend the pair for long hair in need of a boost.
Re-Purchase? Yes,

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Luscious Long Deep Treatment
This product has been raved about by so many people, it is supposed to care for dry and damaged hair by penetrating and nourishing each shaft of hair, but I have to be honest and say that I did not notice any difference using this product. Yes, it is a nice conditioner and it leaves my hair soft and easy to comb through but I would not say it was any better than the normal conditioner I use and I would not consider it a treatment.
Re-Purchase? No.

The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter
I absolutely love this body butter. It claims to hydrate skin for up to 24 hours and although I'm not sure of exact timings, I would definitely agree that hours after application my skin feels soft and hydrated, any visible dry patches of skin are gone and I can still smell it on myself. The Body Shop have so many different scents that there is one to suit everybodys taste.
Re-Purchase? Yes.

The Body Shop Merry Cranberry Bath Cream Sensation
This is another product that I absolutely love. I was bought it for Christmas last year and have really enjoyed using it, the scent lingers in the bathroom for such a long time after I have finished bathing and countless times my boyfriend has commented "you've used that lovely bath foam again". It feels very luxurious and would make a perfect gift for someone.
Re-Purchase? Yes.

Nivea Sensitive Balance Shower Gel
This shower gel is soap free with natural chamomile extract that makes it perfect for people with sensitive skin. It has a very subtle fresh scent and leaves my skin feeling clean and smooth.
Re-Purchase? Yes.

                                         
Sanctuary Body Scrub
This body scrub contains patchouli and orange oil with natural pumice to polish skin, leaving it awakened, invigorated, soft and with a natural glow. I really enjoyed the product, it has a lovely scent and used with a bath lily, my skin is left feeling exfoliated and smooth.
Re-Purchase? Yes.

Gucci Guilty Eau De Parfum
I was bought this perfume for my birthday a couple of years ago and have fallen in love with the scent. The fragrance is classified as a floral / oriental, with notes of mandarin, pink pepper, peach, lilac, geranium, amber and patchouli. I would describe it as an evening scent, although I personally do tend to wear these fragrances during the day too.
Re-Purchase? Yes.

Kim Kardashian Eau De Parfum Natural Spray

I chose this perfume to wear as an everyday scent for work. I have enjoyed wearing it, but the fragrance does not seem to last very long on me and I have to re-apply throughout the day. The fragrance is classed as a floral with crisp notes of mandarin, honeysuckle, orange blossom, jasmine, tuberose, gardenia, tonka bean, jacaranda wood, vanilla orchid, musk and sandalwood. 
Re-Purchase? Yes.

That's everything I have used up recently - what products have you been using? Do you have a 
particular product you always re-purchase?



No comments:

Post a Comment