Wednesday 7 August 2013

A Taste Of The Champagne Life

A couple of weeks ago, my boyfriend and I went to a local restaurant called Seasons in Leamington Spa, for a Champagne Night they were hosting. 

For a set price of £25.00 per person, we were able to try five different glasses of Champagne, along with a specially designed five course menu to complement each glass.

 Afterwards to celebrate the restaurant owners birthday, we all had a top up of Champagne and a slice of birthday cake.

The food was absolutely delicious and the Champagne's were all really enjoyable. I could certainly get used to this life! 

My favourite Champagne was the Laurent Perrier Brut N.V, I was almost tempted to pick up a bottle for myself.




Each table was laid out with bowls of popcorn and a bread basket. Apparently Champagne and Popcorn is the latest trend! We were given a brief written description of each Champagne and an order form, if we wished to purchase any bottles.
The Menu
I tried an oyster! It tasted alright, but one was enough for me.

I completely forgot to take a photograph of the Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil Salad, I was too busy eating it, but I luckily remembered to capture the other courses!

Ham and Salami with Sun dried Tomato and Mascarpone - delicious!
A fantastic array of Meat, Fish and Vegetable Canapes

My Canapes included Smoked Mackerel with a Lemon Dressing, Scallops, Chorizo, Parma Ham and Fig, Duck Breast, Goats Cheese and New Potatoes.
 

More Champagne!

Smoked Salmon with Beetroot, Avocado and Tomato Concasse

Strawberries and Cream - yummy!



I would certainly recommend a Champagne Night as a fun, informative and enjoyable evening.....just remember to arrange transport so that you can fully take part!



No comments:

Post a Comment