Monday 18 March 2013

Weekly Motivation

Well this is now my 13th week of being signed off work since my knee surgery. Progress is not going well (I was only supposed to be off work for 6-8 weeks!) I hate being stuck at home for days on end without leaving my flat and have been spending way too much time ordering things online. I needed to find some inspiration and motivation to keep my spirits up,  so I trawled through my Pinterest Quotes Board and found these.


Following my Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction surgery, I have spent alot of time looking at my leg and in particular the scars left behind.

I have four small ones from the keyhole side of the surgery, but from where I had a Hamstring Graft, I am left with a two inch long scar going down my shin. My thoughts instantly turn to Spring and Summer, can I wear skirts and dresses as I usually do or will my legs need to be hidden from the stares of others?

This quote has really made me think, yes as much as I will hate others looking at my leg, it is now a part of me and proves that I have fought to get over my injury so I will wear it with pride.


This sums my feelings up completely, I have felt down and sorry for myself recently, but once I'm recovered (hopefully soon) there is so much more I can do with my life and I have no excuses to stop myself from going further......I hope that I will take part in some form of charity walk and give a little back from what I have received.

I am taking these two quotes and anytime this week I start to reflect too much they will be a reminder to push on and keep going xx

No comments:

Post a Comment