Saturday 16 March 2013

Shopping with Mum!

Last week, Mum and I had a little shopping spree in Banbury so I thought I'd show some of the pieces I picked up for myself.
We started off by going to TK Maxx, I could not believe it when Mum said she'd never been there before so I just had to show what else it had to offer other than clothes.  I went a little bit crazy with the Jemma Kidd products as they had only three packages left on the shelf, one had 2 Lipstick Duo's (one side has a lip balm, the other has the coloured product) one package had a Lipstick Duo and an Eyeshadow and the other package had a Hi-Shine Glosstick and an I-Glamour Volume Mascara. Each package cost £4.99 which I thought was a bargain considering the amount of product I was getting and also that it may be the last opportunity I would get to purchase any Jemma Kidd products, as sadly her company has gone into administration.



 This Lipstick Duo is in the shade Sophia, it is a lovely raspberry red colour  and  is a really nice consistency, particulary if you use the balm on the other end of the stick prior to putting it on. I am not usually one for bright colours but I am determined to try out new make up styles this year and take myself out of my comfort zone.

This one is in the shade Ingrid, it is a rosy pink colour
All three Lipstick Duo's contain Karate Butter which restores and heals whilst the Hazelnut and Apricot Kernel Oils protect and smoothes the lips. I am really impressed with the formula, it lasted on my lips for a couple of hours, which is really unusual for me as my lipstick tends to only stay on for half an hour!

This is the shade Juliet, it is a rose, nude tone and gives a subtle natural look to the lips. This is the kind of colour that I would wear on a day-to-day basis so this will be the one I will make more use of.  The picture shows a good likeness to the swatch but the actual tube has come out far darker than it really is.



This Hi-Shine Glosstick is in the shade Turtle Bay, it is a very peachy orange colour, again out of my comfort zone but this shocked me by applying very sheer and natural, so I think I'll get more use than I imagined.



This Eyeshadow is in the shade Fame, it looks like a lilac/grey colour and is very well pigmented but it does appear alot darker than in the pot. I'm sure it would make an interesting smokey eye look though so I'm going to experiment with this one!


The I-Glamour Mascara in Black is one of the best mascaras I have tried in a long time, it gives an intense look and makes my lashes look  longer. Perfect for a night out!
My next find was a set of 3 Nails Inc nail colours, the previous day I had been considering taking up the offer on Nails Inc website of 2 for £22, however this little set was another bargain at £12.99. I'm so glad I held of on my original order!


I love this gold, glittery colour, this look was achieved with two coats.




This has a finely milled shimmer running through it,
perfect for winter.






This is a gorgeous rose gold colour, it looks really pretty!

I also bought a few other Easter gifts and had a lovely time trying on different outfits.

Have you picked up any bargains recently? I would love to hear about them, please comment or leave me a link to your blog xx

No comments:

Post a Comment