Sunday 3 November 2013

Girlie Day Out

On Saturday morning, I made my way to the train station with my sister Linda and her other two bridesmaids, Claire and Sue ready to catch the train to Oxford for a girlie day out, specifically with the task in mind that we needed to find Bridesmaid shoes. 

After a short twenty minute ride into Oxford, we walked to La Tasca to have lunch and a chat before we started the mammoth shopping task. Linda and I shared a delicious chicken and chorizo paella with a glass of wine, Claire and Sue ordered tapas to share. Whilst we were finishing up, it began to rain really heavily. We knew that Debenhams was going to be our first stop for shoes and it was a good 10 minute walk from the restaurant, so after a brisk walk where we all got absolutely drenched, we eventually found Debenhams!

Luckily we found the shoes we'd been eyeing up in our local store. Linda has given us the colour she wants us to wear (ivory) but we are able to pick our own style. I have gone for flats as I'm still not able to wear heels, Claire has gone for a small heel and Sue is braving it with high heels. My size were in store so we were able to get those, but the other two girls have ordered theirs.

We were all so pleased that we found our ideal shoes so quickly and without having to traipse around the whole of Oxford! 

We decided to stop for a Costa coffee (I had a yummy chocolate and orange mocha latte) before hitting Primark.

I managed to find a few bits for myself in Primark, including a few Christmas related clothing items.

We had a look around New Look, both myself and Linda are after some black flat  calf length boots, but we are looking for feminine styles and everywhere seemed to sell quite chunky looking ones. Linda found a nice pair in her size but I wasn't as lucky and came away empty handed. 

After a busy afternoon we walked back to the train station and practically collapsed into our seats.

We all had a lovely day and have decided that we must do it more often! 

I tried to take some photos of my purchases, but can't get the lighting right, so look out for a haul post with pictures coming soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment