Thursday 25 April 2013

GlossyBox Review April 2013



I had to talk about this months GlossyBox purely because of the gorgeous box that the goodies came in!
Designed by Pearl Lowe, the box has a vintage feel to it and it makes a nice change to the usual pastel pink boxes that subscribers receive every month.

The packaging is always so nice, I hate to open it!


This is SunSense, a daily face SPF of 50+. It is an Australian product that I have not heard of before. The usual size of the product is 75g and retails for £18.50 but we were given a 10g sample. Due to the lovely English weather we have, I have not had to use this yet but will hopefully try it over the next couple of months. The one downside I have noticed so far is that the packaging is a break off lid so even though there is more than one applications worth in the sample, I will not be able to put the lid back on to re-use.
  

The Model Co cheek and lip tint which is a full sized product of 10ml, retails for £15. The tint is a berry coloured gel which gives a subtle colour to the cheeks and to the lips. It has a strawberry jam like scent, the only downside to the product is the remaining stain on my finger! 
This is my first ever Essie product and I'm so pleased to receive it as I've heard great things about this brand. This is another full sized product at 13.5ml and retails for £7.99. I was given the shade Nice is Nice which is a lovely pale lilac colour.
The Nip + Fab Pistachio Sundae Body Butter is a 50ml sample, the usual 200ml size retails for £9.95. I do not usually like the scent of Pistachio but I really like this fresh nutty smell and found it cleared up a dry patch of skin after one application. I have a huge stash of body butters but once I have got through those ones, Iwould re-purchase this.
This Eau de Parfum is So Elixir Purple by Yves Rocher, the full size of 50ml retails at £44 but the generous sample we were given was 5ml. It contains Tuberose, Vetiver and Patchouli and gives off a floral-woody scent. I really like the scent and think I will use the offer provided with GlossyBox to get the full product at a discounted cost.
I am very happy with this months GlossyBox and for the monthly cost of £12.95 including postage and packaging this was another good month in terms of products and value for money.

No comments:

Post a Comment