Wednesday 5 June 2013

The Fourteas Tearoom

On the recent bank Holiday Monday, my boyfriend and I decided to take a trip to Stratford-Upon-Avon. After a wander around the shops we stopped for lunch at a 1940's style tearoom named 'The Fourteas'
As soon as we stepped into the door, I was so impressed with how far the owners had gone to replicate the time period.
Everywhere I looked Union Jack Bunting hung and various vintage posters, photographs and Keep Calm and Carry On memorabilia adorned the walls.
The waitresses were all dressed in traditional vintage dress, aprons and headscarfs and approached the table with Ration Book Menu's, which were so cute!

There were so many varities of tea and coffee to choose from, and they offered cream teas, cakes, sandwiches and soups. I ordered a homemade apple juice and the broccoli soup which came with half a brie and grape sandwich. The "half a sandwich" actually turned out to be a full one, my boyfriend found out through ordering the Churchill Club sandwich, that their idea of a full sandwich entailed six slices of bread!We left the tearoom thoroughly stuffed, but it was a lovely change from the usual kind of place we would go to eat and I can recommend it to anyone visiting the Stratford-Upon-Avon area, particularly for tourists looking to gain an insight into England during the war period.


 

* The above two pictures are from The Fourteas Website.

Sorry for the lateness of this post, but for some reason it would not upload from my phone so I had to re-type it on the laptop!

No comments:

Post a Comment